10.11.09

Disquiet please!


I may be in the minority again, but what’s wrong with taking pictures and making some noise when professional golfers are playing? After reading that Tiger has recently been paid a reputed 2 million dollars appearance fee to play in China, and then moan about the difficulty with playing in front of an uneducated golf crowd. Having to deal with more camera shutter clicks and background whispers than usual. That’s a really tough ask for a measly couple of million bucks.

For me, they could shout and scream all they like. I would like to believe that I had the powers of concentration to zone in and remove the outside noises when hitting my shot.

If the sponsors are willing to pay such high fees to the best golfers, that’s all well and good. But let’s not make golf a silent spectator sport, just to appease the highly paid, tetchy professionals.
---------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment